Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Happy Tuesday!

     The challenges this week were so much fun!  The inchie was Egypt.  There are some weeks I have trouble finding something from the country I want to/can do.  This week was the opposite.  There were so many cool things I could not decide.  So I put as many things as I could on one little inch.

      Diva's challenge was a duotangle this week.  That means we can only use two tangles.  She chose shattuck and tripoli.  It is sort of hard to tell but I used a gray marker to do the tripoli. 

      Joey's Creative Inspiration is a series of finish her tangles.  She put the tangle Relly-Telly-One in the center and we had to add other tangles around it.  I decided to use some Derwent pencils to make my background.  Then when that had dried, I drew Joey's start and added to that some "breach" growing out of the center.   Pop in some more color and voila!  Done!
       Only a tiny bit to go on my Grand Canyon "race".  I hope to finish it up tomorrow.  Then I will be off to do the Everglades race!  I am trying to complete a National Parks series.  The last two races - Yellowstone and Yosemite are really long ones.  Over a 100 miles each.  They should take me a long time! 
       Thank you for dropping by and I hope you are having a wonderful day!  Hugs!    

8 comments:

  1. Those thick black things in Shattuck makes it pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our world travels through inchies is certainly interesting and as you say, some weeks there are loads of choice & others not! Love both the tangles ❤️💗

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice work, I am not familiar with Ichies (never did) but I like that kind of drawings. When I see piramids, there comes only one country in my mind: Egypt. Your DIvatile is a wonderful combination of those two tangles and as Anita wrote, the black lines give your tile an interesting touch. My favorite of the week is your Joey's tile, drawn on a beautiful background and Breach look great," coming out" of Relly telly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Diva design composition! Very striking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the tangles and the inchie is cool, so much detail in it. Glad you are getting your races done. I still have not had the money yet to get one. But I am hopeful to do so soon. Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That Joey tile reminds me of a bridal bouquet. Both pieces are just dandy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great inchie! Love your duotangle.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!