Saturday, May 13, 2017

Five more days!

     Five more days - at least with children.  Then 3 or 4 inservice days.  I can't wait.  I dread it.  How can I be filled with 2 very different emotions at the same time.  Very conflicting feelings.  Thank goodness for art time and the relaxation and get away it brings.
     Our inchie word was "flamingo".  I am reminded of those pink plastic ones that can sometimes grace yards.  Can't say I like those.  Once when we were in Florida and went to Cypress Gardens we saw a field full of the real kind - absolutely gorgeous!
    Joey's letter was S this week.   I used sandswirl, side-eye, and sxc-rolls.  I was new to a few of them, but hey, I needed s tangles!
    One of the coloring groups I belong to on facebook posted a challenge to use one color only to do a picture.  You could use pencils, paint, markers - whatever, just one color.  I went to my Color It dog coloring book and chose a patterned French Bull dog.  Then I used my pencils, markers and gel pens to color with.  This was actually a lot of fun!  I may have to try something else this way.
    Okay - that's it for this week.  Take care and have a wonderful weekend.  The weather here is lovely and for once no rain - yahoo!!

3 comments:

  1. Doing Joey's letters has really increased allmy patters because I spend a day copying all the current letter patterns into my pattern book. Really liked your green bulldog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sweet flamingo has a very knowing look in it's eye...and I love the green-theme dog colouring, most effective. Hope all goes well for you...Dixx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that flamingo and the pug! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!